Monday, March 29, 2010

Parental Shockers




As a mom, my life is a well rehearsed play. Breakfast, kids off to school, cleaning and groceries, homework, dinner and practices, then bed. But sometimes you get this bombs that catch you off guard and make you think, Man, my kids are really growing up. Kalin has started his first job. He is working at Dollar General and doing pretty good. Then, I find out Sebastian has a girlfriend. All weekend he was on the phone. I blindly handed the phone over thinking he was talking to his friend, Andrew. Callie tells me it is a girl and I still don't believe it. But it is true. My eight year old baby boy has a girlfriend and has become the first of my kids to stay on the phone for hours with someone else. I can't believe it. One day you are teaching the ABC's and the next you are talking to them about girlfriends and sleep overs and puberty. Where does the time go. I know that I always feel excited to see them grow and so very proud. But always there is a touch of sadness for the loss of more of their childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment