Day 2 was full of good food and ghost fun.. We started the day in the Rupp house learning some more of the history and seeing evidence of the actual battle on the town. Then we went to lunch at the Dobbin House. It was a house built in 1776 by a pastor.
Now it is a wonderful resturant. We all had the Fila mignon and it was the most amazing steak ever.
After lunch we explored the house a little, and went to see where the Underground Railroad was part of the house. I took a picture of the small space under the floorboards where the slaves stayed. When I got home I was so freaking out. The picture shows a ghost. It looked just like a mans dress shirt. But no one was standing behind me. There was no window or any explanation for this. I was not wearing white.
Rupp house
The Jenny Wade house. She was the only civilian killed in the battle. This is the bullet hole from the bullet that killed her. It went through this door and another and killed her while she made bread at cupboard below.
After the house tours we went and got cupcakes and had a great wine tasting. Then we went to relax at the hotel for a bit before heading to a haunted house and a Seance. The haunted house was so fun. Heather's mom and sister were scared to bits. We finished the whole haunted house in about 15 minutes. The Seance was kinda lame and I could barely stay awake. The trip was so much fun. I got to experience what it was like to have sisters and be a part of good family. It is a trip I will never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment