Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New York City

 Larry and I finally got a chance to get away for a weekend.  To celebrate my one year anniversary of not smoking we decided to go to New York City.  I have always wanted to go.  We got up early on Thursday morning and headed out.  It took us only 7 hours to get to Staten Island.  We were early to check-in so we headed to the galley and had lunch.  You could barely see the city from where we were but our room was nice and large.  We checked in, cleaned up and headed to the ferry.  We barely made it.  Ran the last little bit.  It was dark and rainy but I was so happy to see the city and the Statue of Liberty.  Finally!!!  When we got to the city we took off.  We had to be at the Ed Sullivan Theater by 3:00 to get our tickets.  We got on Subway and took it halfway.  We got off too early and had to sprint 11 blocks..LOL!  But we made it.  After we picked up our tickets we had to sit in a bar for a few hours till the show taped.  But it was okay.  We had a few drinks and relaxed.  The show was great.  We had good seats.  Chris Rock was hilarious and Ellen Page was so cute.  Dave was just cool as ever.  After the show we went to dinner at a Bar-b-que place that was pretty good.  We just wondered around Times Square and Madison Square Garden and then headed back to room.  By the time we got off Ferry I could not walk.  My feet hurt so bad. We had a slow morning filled with Facetiming with the kids a little shopping to outfit for the cold weather.  Larry and I headed into the city to Port Authority and the USO.  We wondered around Chinatown and Little Italy but it was raining and cold, so we slipped into a little Italian resturant and had a great lunch.  After lunch, we went to the Museum of Natural History and then on to the Rockefellar Center.  We went to the 69th floor, the Top of the Rock.  Man the view was gorgeous.  But it was so cold and snowing.  We had dinner from a hot dog vendor.  We wondered down 5th Avenue and had coffee in the Trump Tower.  Saturday we awoke to sunshine.... Yeah. Our first day in city with nice weather.  And what a different city it was.  There were people everywhere.  From everyplace on the map.  I couldn't count the number of languages I heard.  We went to 911 cite.  Then had lunch in Times Square at Chevy's.  We did some shopping Chinatown and then had some drinks in a Pub.  Afterward we headed down to the village to watch Blue Man group.  We left shortly in... It was so gross...After a broken subway, and a no show ferry and a huge scence by Ferry we finally made it to room around 2:30 a.m.  I had such a wonderful time in the city.  It had such an energy and I loved all the people I got to meet and see, especially on the subway.  But I was definetly ready to get up early and head home to my babies......
Port Authority
Subway entrance to Museum
Was laughing about the pic above..

No comments:

Post a Comment