Friday was Larry's command picnic. With Jammie and company here we had 11 of us going. There was a dunk tank and bouncy house for kids. There was food gallore and snowcones. The command also had all of the big trucks they use out for everyone to see. It was really great seeing all of Larry's men and co-workers out with their families. I got a chance to talk to the wife of the UT1 Larry is sponsoring.. Jeff was hitting it off great with Larry's boss. Threatning to stow away in her suitcase when she goes to Spain... We all ate and got a chance to see what Daddy does..
After the picnic, we went to Yorktown Victory Center to learn a little about the Revolutionary War. Yorktown, Va was the last battlesite in the war. I love to learn about history. When you first get there the museum part is not very interesting for the kids. So I tried to read what I could before they got too bored and tried to move quickly through that area. Then you watch a movie that tells you a little about the musuem and then you get to go to an reproduction of an encampment. There are actors in time period clothing and they do a cannon shot reenactment. It was really neat to watch and loud as crazy. They had a tent where they showed you the medicines they used and games the soldiers played. It showed how they cooked for the army. Then you got to visit a reproduction of a typical middle class family farm. It made me realize I shouldn't complain about how small my house is. The kids got to pet a turkey and water the gardens and look and touch everything. I love it when they let you touch everything. The kids enoy it so much. We went to Yorktown beach and got to see crabs swimming. Very funny. Then we went to queen ann's for ice cream. Had spaghetti for dinner and hung out at Tom's around the fire..
No comments:
Post a Comment