Sunday, November 28, 2010
Abundant Life Conference
On November 12 and 13 I went to the Abundant Life Conference for women. I was also a vendor and selling my purses as well. I had committed to the conference at the beginning of the year, and when I found out the women of our church were going to The Women of Faith conference in north Carolina I was so bummed. But God put me where I needed to be, not where I wanted to be. Larry took me to the conference and help me set up my stuff. The conference started with dinner. I found Valerie Cobb, to sit with. I was so glad to see someone I knew. Hannah Keely was the key note speaker and dinner was wonderful. I met some new ladies. The workshops were great and I had some orders. I got home about 11 and was up at back at 7:30. Back at home Larry is taking care of kids and running a yard sale. When he wasn't paying attention, Callie sold the xbox for 7 dollars..... Ugh!!! The morning of the conference started out great. We really had some great workshops. In one of the workshops I was late. I had a customer at my table. The room was packed and there was only 1 chair in the room. I sat and then we had to do an excerise and tell something that we would like to pray about to fix in our lives. As I am talking to my neighbors, Ann Thompson realizes that we have met before. We met last summer at Yorktown Beach. Man, God is so good. Ann is now doing a party for me and is a new friend. After lunch was my best workshop. Debbie Smith spoke about overcoming fear. She told her story of how a man broke into her home and kidnapped her while her husband, the sheriff, was sleeping off the night shift. The man took her into the woods and beat her and repeatly raped her. For six years she lived in a place filled with fear and depression and despair. Finally she hit rock bottom and God helped her back up. The man was caught and she helped to change law. There was a movie made about her. She changed the way victims were treated in these cases. Instead of being stripped and photographed at the jail like the supsect, she insited in going to the hospital and treated with care. Today she speaks and shares her story and says that she is glad that this happened to her. It changed her life and she came out stronger. I had a wonderful time and really learned a lot about myself and God. I had $550 show and met some really amazing women. But when I got home I was whipped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment