Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Grand Illumination

Today was a great day.  We woke up to snow.   We went to church and got to worship the Lord. I had to go to work right after church so Larry got the kids dressed and cooked dinner. Then  we went to the Grand Illumination in Colonial Williamsburg.  It was so amazing.  All of the old buildings and the real wood  fire street lights and the people in period costume.  Everyone was bundled up and drinking hot cider.  There was a stage and lots of great performers.  First was a choir singing Christmas Carols.  Then came a colonial time clown, followed by a colonial magician.  Next there was a 3 man band followed by the Fife and Drum boys.  Finally, there was an amazing fireworks display.  They were being shot off at three different places and the fireworks closest to us were so good.  They looked almost on top of you.  They really were some of the best fireworks I have seen in a while.  Christine and her family went with us.  The kids started the evening with Uno and some popcorn.  Bella forgot to wear socks. By the end of the night her toes were freezing.  I saw Sandy Wilson and Debbie Dean.  Lincoln was so excited to see her.  I love seeing people I know and realize that I am part of the community.  We came home and had the wonderful spaghetti family dinner Larry cooked and watched the Amazing Race.  It was just a perfect day....

No comments:

Post a Comment