Well things have been very busy here in the Childress household. It has been a wonderful holiday season. It starts with a trip to Yankee Candle to see Santa. Since we were unable to see him the day before. I was upset by the fact that we could not take our own pic. They body blocked us. So we just got a great pic in a different room without Santa. I can't pay $27 for a pic with Santa. We went home and ate dinner and got ready for church. Then I recieved my Christmas present, Callie got baptized on Christmas Eve. I was so proud of her. She told Fred, our pastor, she wanted to be baptized. Fred had her write out why she wanted to be baptized. When I read the letter I cried. She sounded so grown up. Then Fred came over and talked with us all about it. She was baptized at the end of our Christmas Eve candlelight service. The service is special because all of the families are in church together. So we all got to watch. She looked so beautiful and happy to be giving her life to God. But apparently she was frozen. The heater broke in the tank. So the water was ice cold. They were only in it for about 30 seconds. Fred said he still couldn't feel his toes after the service. It was an amazing thing to watch and an amazing night. When we got home we all got to open one gift. Our Jammies. Then we got ready for Santa to come. Larry and I didn't make it to bed until 2:30. Christmas morning we were both up before the kids. They gave us a chance to have coffee and finish some last minute things. Then the kids got up and Christmas began. They loved all of their gifts and we had a great time opening them. Callie is starting to really get dramatic about these things... I was very suprised we had to wake them up again this year. We finished presents and started the task of opening stuff up and putting it together. Fun! I started dinner and Curt and Jen and fam got here. It started snowing then. Lots of snow. Sticking snow. So we had a great dinner and pies, but then it was time to get down to business. Jen and Curt had to leave to make sure they could make it home and we started packing to leave for Arkansas. We decided to leave early so we could beat the snow.....
No comments:
Post a Comment