Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rotator Cuff Surgery

On the 5th of October Larry had rotator cuff surgery.  This is the second surgery he has had.  The first was just a few weeks before Lincoln was born.  I feel like a lot of Larry's recovery was shoved to the side with the arrival of a new baby.  This time I am hoping he really takes the time to heal right.  But things have  been a little hard with him only having one arm.  I have most of the responsibilites of the house now.  Larry tries to help but there is only so much he can do. 
The surgery went real well though.  The doctor was very pleased with the outcome.  We were worried that it would not go back together correctly and Larry would end up needing shoulder replacement.  But Dr. Powell thinks he could gain back 75% of his original strength in his shoulder.  Larry starts physical therapy next week.  We will see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment