Sunday, September 12, 2010

Grove Christian Outreach....

Thursday Miracle, Bella and I voluntered our time to GCO.  They were putting on a carnival to distribute school supplies to the children in need.  When we got there, I was amazed to see the love being showed to the community.  They had carnival games, bounce house, popcorn, cotton candy, pizza, hot dogs, and snow cones.  They had a rock wall for kids to climb and face painting.  There was a guy juggling on stilts.  It was so very cool.  Miracle and I were assigned the cotton candy machine.  Wow...  I had never done anything like this before.  there was definetly a learning curve.  I had cotton candy everywhere.  In my eyelashes, hands, hair....  I had so much fun though.  I really got to meet some sweet kids and Miracle was awesome.  She complimented every kid that came up to us.  For 2 hours we made cotton candy and passed it out.  We never stopped.  But the feeling of giving back is so amazing.  I used to be that kid.  The one who needed help.  Sometimes now we still are.  My motto in life is to always give more than I receive. 
Miracle and I on the cotton candy machine.
Bella's face painting

No comments:

Post a Comment