Sunday, September 12, 2010

What a busy week we have had....

School started and things have just taken off.  Pta meetings, Callie's started softball. Church eventes..  It is neverending....  Wednesday night we had a special service at the church to interview a new pastor canidate.  His name is Fred Ligging and he is 32.  Married to Allyson, with one 18th month old.  Turns out Allyson is from Moulton.  (Right next to where I grew up)..  We graduated 3 years apart and know the same people.  He preached wonderfully and then had a Q&A.  I was so shocked by what followed.  Some of the older generation went wild.  Upset because he has been divorced.  They really gave it to him.  I could not understand that attitude.  People really are old fashioned and very specific in their convictions.  They really believe he should not be allowed to lead us even though they themselves had been divorced.  But the church voted him in. 94-7.  It was great to be a part of that process.  We are really starting to feel a part of the church now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment