Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Izabella's Recital

Izabella had her first dance/gymnastics recital.  It was at the Ferguson Center for the arts in Newport News..  Dress rehersal was on Friday and it went very well.  I was able to get some video.  The actual show on Saturday was amazing though.  Early Saturday morning Larry and I went to the florist to get her some flowers for after the show.  We managed to keep them a surprise from her.  After the show, only one parent can pick her up.  Bella was asking me why all these girls have flowers.  I told her that it is customary for a dancer to get flowers after her show.  She just looked at me all sad and asked, Where are my flowers?  I just smiled and pointed and told her to ask her Daddy.  Larry was standing there with her flowers.  She was so happy to see that her dad got her flowers.  The recital was fun..  Izabella did a wonderful job and since we were in the third row I also got a wave.  We watched the company dancers perform a lot of their numbers.  It would really be neat to see Izabella dancing like that.  But some of those girls were in everything and it makes you wonder. What kind of life does this girl have outside of dancing?  How many injuries has she had to her body.  So, maybe Izabella just sticks to her one class for now and see what happens in the future.  And for now... I have the best gymnast at the whole gym...  I am so proud. 

1 comment: