Last night I went to an open mic night night with Samantha. The place was really neat. A wine and weird beer bar... When we first got there we did some wine tasting and then Samantha started singing. Wow... She was so good and has such a beautiful voice. Almost everyone there came up to me to tell me how great they thought she was. I was in awe. The way she just walked up there and started singing. It was effortless. It was really nice to hang out with a friend here. After Samantha finished wowing the place, we just hung out for a min and talked. Sometimes as a wife and mother you find that you sometimes get lost. You focus so much on taking care of everyone else that you forget about yourself. So, it was a great blessing to be out and doing something I have never done before. It was my very first open mic. I ended buying a bottle of the wine I was drinking. It was pretty good. Buying wine is a daunting task. There is only like a million different kinds. And when I got home my honey was waiting up for me.. Does it get any better..


hey stephanie--thanks so much for the support; it makes playing that much easier when I know I have a friend to cheer me on. I would like to do it again sometime, but i am going to have to learn some more popular standard songs. I had a great time and thank you for the sweet compliments. :)
ReplyDelete